Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 230
Collection contains biographical and genealogical materials, correspondence, photographs, postcards, material from the Women's Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Association and the American Kennel Club, Crosby College materials, will and Sewanee bequest, materials from plays and operas family Bible, assorted books, seals and brooches.
Collection contains materials related to social, economic and environmental justice, meeting minutes, director materials, board meeting files, promotional materials, newsletters, magazine clippings, articles, photographs, financial and tax records, grant and endowment materials, correspondence between members, board and member registers.
Projects from the School of Theology's D.Min. degree program
Collection contains correspondence from the 1920s to the 1950s from Dandridge, records of consecration and ordinations, reports, lectures, sermons on New Testament books, materials from Lewis B Franklin, materials and correspondence from WWI, leases, religious lecture materials, lecture notes, conference materials, indexed pamphlets, war medals.
Primarily books by William Faulkner; 1 book by Ernest Hemingway.
Journal entries written from 1931-1979.
Collection contains correspondence from the 1810s to 1910s, correspondence from his granddaughter, biographical materials, photographs and news clippings. Box 2 contains assorted jewelry (bracelet, cufflinks, tie tacks, etc.)
Small collection with books on religion, Tennessee history, and literature.
Books on religion, history and literature.
Ledger book of Sewanee architecture.
Collection contains materials regarding the endowment to Sewanee, biographical information, correspondence and publicity.
Early papers of The University of The South consisting of materials related to the 1860 Cornerstone Ceremony, requests for support from Episcopal dioceses, architecture of the campus, meetings of the trustees of the university, the original drafts of the university constitution, news clippings and discussions of potential sites for the university.
Miscellaneous collection of literature, history and religion.
Collection contains correspondence to family members, research requests, family biographies, photographs, news clippings, with the largest part of the collection devoted to the writings of Sarah Barnwell Elliott.
Materials related to the Episcopal Church in the USA. Collection contains correspondence, news clippings, organization related materials and other assorted materials.
Primarily law and southern U.S. history, with an emphasis on Florida history
Collection contains original correspondence and copies from 1848 to his death in 1906, information about Rebel's Rest in Sewanee, architecture diagrams, news clippings, financial statements (bills, receipts, etc), history of The University of the South by Fairbanks, copies of The Sewanee Review and other assorted materials.
Course catalogs, correspondence, news articles, photographs and other assorted materials.
American and British literature
Collection of prayer books, hymnals, and liturgies from the Anglican Communion.
Collection of extremely large books from general special collections.
Collection contains correspondence from 1835 to 1979, diaries from 1836 to 1884 and two volumes on zoology.
This collection of photographs was compiled by Charles Cheston and dates from the early 1950s through the late 1960s. It documents students and faculty of the Forestry Department and the work they did, in the field and research labs. Photographs are natural areas throughout the Domain and include the construction of a fish pond and/or lake in 1954-1955. The Sewanee Research Center (Southern Forest Experiment Station) and Keep Tennessee Green events are also pictured.
Collection contains materials related to the historic homes in Sewanee, Tennessee.
Primarily literature and history
- University of The South, The 41
- Sewanee (Tenn.) 37
- Episcopal Church 29
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Tennessee 16
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 13
- American literature 10
- Episcopal church -- Liturgy 8
- Episcopal preaching (Episcopal Church) 7
- Episcopalian universities and colleges 7
- English literature 6
- Bible 5
- Episcopal vicars (Canon law) 5
- Evangelicalism -- Episcopal Church 5
- Quintard, C. T. (Charles Todd), 1824-1898 5
- Women in the Episcopal Church 5
- American literature -- Southern States 4
- Architecture 4
- Chitty, Arthur Ben, 1914- 4
- Church music -- Episcopal Church 4
- Episcopalians -- Biography 4 ∧ less
- English 226
- French 5
- Latin 3
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Chinese 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Finnish 1
- German 1
- Swiss German; Alemannic; Alsatian 1
- Hebrew 1
- Icelandic 1
- Japanese 1
- Korean 1
- Portuguese 1
- Swedish 1
- Turkish 1 ∧ less
- Chitty, Arthur Ben, 1914- 4
- Christ Church, Alexandria 3
- University of the South. School of Theology 3
- Williams, Tennessee, 1911-1983 3
- Boeckman, Daniel Duncan 2
- Chitty, Elizabeth N. 2
- Gailor, Thomas Frank, 1856-1935 2
- Gregg, Alexander, 1819-1893 2
- Hodgson, Telfair, 1840-1893 2
- Juhan, Frank A. (Frank Alexander), 1887-1967 2
- Oertel, Johannes Adam Simon, 1823-1909 2
- Quintard, C. T. (Charles Todd), 1824-1898 2
- Scarbrough, George, 1915-2008 2
- Sommer, Frederick (Rick) 2
- Sommer, Wilma (Willie) 2
- Stuck, Hudson, 1863-1920 2
- Adams, Thomas Austin 1
- Allin, John Maury, 1921-1998 1
- Aristotle 1
- Atwater, Mimi (Marilyn "Mimi" Atwater), 1931-1960 1 ∧ less