Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 230
Photographs, correspondence and student papers.
Materials pertain to Rev Dr Jack Gessell's time as a professor at Sewanee, as a student at Yale University and during his retirement. Contains correspondence, news clippings, photographs, curriculum, syllabi, student-related materials, vacation materials, non-violent protest materials, check stubs, financial materials, investments, bills, receipts, etc.
The Rev. James Glass Photo Album contains photgraphs from ca. 1878-1895. Most of the photos are of churches, rectories, and parochial schools. There are also photos of religious art and landscape views. Most of the images are identified. Images include the Normal College in Nashville, churches in Nashville; Summerville, Columbia, Winnsboro, and Goose Creek, SC; Porter Military Academy and Magnolia Gardens in Charleston, SC; St. Augustine, FL; and views from Lookout Mountain.
Primarily British literature
Collection contains materials related to Gorgas' time as vice chancellor.
Collection contains Annual Reports of the Isthmian Canal Commission from 1905-1910, Annual Report of the Isthmian Canal Commission and Panama Canal 1914 + Maps and Diagrams, biographical information on Gorgas Hospital staff, a 1999 calendar from the Canal Zone, pamphlets.
Geological and geographical surveys from the late 19th century, along with the 1860 census
Collection contains the original manuscript of Ely's novel, copies, typed copies with edits, correspondence, his will and bequests, royalties, sales figures, requests/thanks for copies, book reviews, correspondence with publishers, published longsheets, index cards of the book's index, photographs and postcards. Much of the material in this collection was generated by Arthur Ben Chitty.
Primarily American history, with some religion and law.
Collection contains letters written to and by William Hall from fall 1888 to winter 1891.
Correspondence, biographies, genealogies, memoirs and transcriptions.
Collection of hymnals from many different denominations, many fairly obscure. Shape note hymnals are included, along with other early American hymnody. This colleciton was Hatchett's professional collection, used in preparing his scholarly works as well as the Episcopal hymnal of 1982.
Collection contains news clippings, legal proceedings, wire reports, publications and biographical information on Horton.
Collection contains newsletters, registration forms, conference proceedings and other materials from various historical and archival societies across the State of Tennessee.
Books on religion, history and literature
Collected works of classical Greek authors and travel accounts of Jesuit missionaries in New France.
Collection contains assorted correspondence, Christmas cards, photographs, news articles, materials concerning the integration of the theology school and college, World War II materials and sermons from Juhan's time working in South Carolina, Florida and in his various roles at Sewanee.
Contains Russian literature, books on socialism, marxism, communism, anarchism and a few miscellaneous other topics.
Materials removed from family Bible, contains hair, wedding invitations, postcard, calling card and report card.
Correspondence, sermon notes, Sewanee Purple clippings and other assorted materials.
History, literature, some religion, some medicine
Letters, receipts, report cards and other assorted materials.
Awards, vaccination records, passports, correspondence, postcards, photographs, diaries and other assorted materials.
Approximately 200 letters written by Charles K Lincoln of Little Rock Arkansas while he was a student. Four photo card engravings of Charles Knox Lincoln.
Primarily science, with some literature and history
- University of The South, The 41
- Sewanee (Tenn.) 37
- Episcopal Church 29
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Tennessee 16
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 13
- American literature 10
- Episcopal church -- Liturgy 8
- Episcopal preaching (Episcopal Church) 7
- Episcopalian universities and colleges 7
- English literature 6
- Bible 5
- Episcopal vicars (Canon law) 5
- Evangelicalism -- Episcopal Church 5
- Quintard, C. T. (Charles Todd), 1824-1898 5
- Women in the Episcopal Church 5
- American literature -- Southern States 4
- Architecture 4
- Chitty, Arthur Ben, 1914- 4
- Church music -- Episcopal Church 4
- Episcopalians -- Biography 4 ∧ less
- English 226
- French 5
- Latin 3
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Chinese 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Finnish 1
- German 1
- Swiss German; Alemannic; Alsatian 1
- Hebrew 1
- Icelandic 1
- Japanese 1
- Korean 1
- Portuguese 1
- Swedish 1
- Turkish 1 ∧ less
- Chitty, Arthur Ben, 1914- 4
- Christ Church, Alexandria 3
- University of the South. School of Theology 3
- Williams, Tennessee, 1911-1983 3
- Boeckman, Daniel Duncan 2
- Chitty, Elizabeth N. 2
- Gailor, Thomas Frank, 1856-1935 2
- Gregg, Alexander, 1819-1893 2
- Hodgson, Telfair, 1840-1893 2
- Juhan, Frank A. (Frank Alexander), 1887-1967 2
- Oertel, Johannes Adam Simon, 1823-1909 2
- Quintard, C. T. (Charles Todd), 1824-1898 2
- Scarbrough, George, 1915-2008 2
- Sommer, Frederick (Rick) 2
- Sommer, Wilma (Willie) 2
- Stuck, Hudson, 1863-1920 2
- Adams, Thomas Austin 1
- Allin, John Maury, 1921-1998 1
- Aristotle 1
- Atwater, Mimi (Marilyn "Mimi" Atwater), 1931-1960 1 ∧ less