Showing Collections: 151 - 180 of 230
Collection contains biographical materials, alumni mataerials, correspondence with Arthur Ben Chitty and other individuals, forestry materials, leases, honorary degrees and integration materials.
Correspondence, diaries, last will and testament, receipts, checks, ledgers, sermons, leases, biographical materials, geoeological materials, diocesan records, reports, autograph books and other collection-related materials.
British and American history, religion, botany and ornithology, British literature
Collection contains correspondence, photographs, communicant lists, news clippings, obituaries and collections-level materials.
Primarily history and religion, with other subjects related to religion included
Collection of books printed by the Ward Ritchie Press and other presses Ritchie was associated with. Also contains books authored by Ritchie and books about him or his press.
Some books were added (by purchase) to this collection after the initial donation.
Collection contains syllabi, lecture notes, study guides, conference materials, speeches, tenure-related materials, professional writings on topics of agency for People of Color, history of the South, history of Black churches, social activism, civil disobedience, student writings and other assorted professor-related materials.
Collection contains original letters, photocopies and transcripts of correspondence between Oertel and Nashville resident Annie Robertson. Photographs and photocopies of photographs on Oertel's art were made in the early 1990s for research purposes.
Correspondence between Cynthia Sanborn and her father C R Sandborn.
Collection of mixed materials from the Sewanee Senior Citizens Center consisting of meeting minutes, records, blood pressure readings, photographs, scrapbook clippings and advocacy laws concerning seniors.
Records relating to the Parent/Teacher Association of Sewanee Elementary School from the 1960s and 70s. Collection contains meeting minutes, disbursement records from the Sewanee Community Chest, checks, invoices, Social Security numbers and tax records. The collection was given to the archive in 1977, but the cards and clay pendant were added in the 1990s. No record of an accural was given.
This collection contains correspondence, purchase information, legal incorporation paperwork, stock information, a ledger book from 1914-1915 and meeting minutes of the board of directors for the Sewanee Utility Company from 1915-1923. The Town of Sewanee was seeking to incorporate its public utilities at the turn of the century.
This photo albums contains black and white images of the Sewanee Military Academy (SMA) buildings and cadets. The photographer/compiler is unknown but the photos appear to date from the first part of the 20th century. The images include interior of SMA dorm rooms and many images of cadets individually and in groups. Many of the images were taken in natural areas around the Domain and show cadets being silly and goofing off. None of the photographs are identified.
Collection contains headmaster files, Saint Mary's merger materials, commencement information, baccalaureate files, budgets, salary pay scales, private professor files, student grades, publications, student organizations, alumni materials, Centennial Symposium, sports, drama, libraries, building construction, vendors, University of the South, ROTC, scrapbooks, color guard, investments, financials and private student files.
Collection consists of historic materials, photos, correspondence, orders, handbooks other paraphenalia.
Short-lived series published by Overlook Press under the auspices of the University of the South
Collection contains photographs of Willie, correspondence, materials related to Sewanee athletics, honoring him upon his retirement, memorials and news articles.
- University of The South, The 41
- Sewanee (Tenn.) 37
- Episcopal Church 29
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Tennessee 16
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 13
- American literature 10
- Episcopal church -- Liturgy 8
- Episcopal preaching (Episcopal Church) 7
- Episcopalian universities and colleges 7
- English literature 6
- Bible 5
- Episcopal vicars (Canon law) 5
- Evangelicalism -- Episcopal Church 5
- Quintard, C. T. (Charles Todd), 1824-1898 5
- Women in the Episcopal Church 5
- American literature -- Southern States 4
- Architecture 4
- Chitty, Arthur Ben, 1914- 4
- Church music -- Episcopal Church 4
- Episcopalians -- Biography 4 ∧ less
- English 226
- French 5
- Latin 3
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Chinese 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Finnish 1
- German 1
- Swiss German; Alemannic; Alsatian 1
- Hebrew 1
- Icelandic 1
- Japanese 1
- Korean 1
- Portuguese 1
- Swedish 1
- Turkish 1 ∧ less
- Chitty, Arthur Ben, 1914- 4
- Christ Church, Alexandria 3
- University of the South. School of Theology 3
- Williams, Tennessee, 1911-1983 3
- Boeckman, Daniel Duncan 2
- Chitty, Elizabeth N. 2
- Gailor, Thomas Frank, 1856-1935 2
- Gregg, Alexander, 1819-1893 2
- Hodgson, Telfair, 1840-1893 2
- Juhan, Frank A. (Frank Alexander), 1887-1967 2
- Oertel, Johannes Adam Simon, 1823-1909 2
- Quintard, C. T. (Charles Todd), 1824-1898 2
- Scarbrough, George, 1915-2008 2
- Sommer, Frederick (Rick) 2
- Sommer, Wilma (Willie) 2
- Stuck, Hudson, 1863-1920 2
- Adams, Thomas Austin 1
- Allin, John Maury, 1921-1998 1
- Aristotle 1
- Atwater, Mimi (Marilyn "Mimi" Atwater), 1931-1960 1 ∧ less